Yesterday, I attempted an old school DIY creation – a berry pie.
But let’s get back to the real reason – these adorable ceramic berry crates! Just look at them! They are so cute that I bought several of them and I would like to give two away. That’s right – MSD very first give away, we’ll give it a whirl.
All you have to do, is follow Munrosheadesigns on Instagram and like one of the berry/pie images – boom, easy as pie… (hardy har har) Then I’ll get your email and contact info to send two of these bad boys along.
And as for the DIY aspect of this post – Here is how I made this lovely dessert. After consulting a few Pinterest recipes I went with this one:
1. Buy pre-made pie crust (ain’t nobody got time fo that)
2. Buy assortment of berries (even if they are not on sale)
3. Put berries in adorable ceramic holders (I have extra berries, that I did not put in the pie and they are looking delish in the fridge in all their ceramic glory)
4. Cut up the berries (I used four ceramic containers full), add 1/4 cup sugar, squeeze 2 teaspoons of lemon
5. Dump berry concoction into pie crust – try to gently peel second pie crust for the top layer, fail miserably and decide to go with a ‘flakey’ top look
6. Put in the oven at 400 degrees for 25-30 mins, or until your BF comes home and yell at him, “OMG I MADE A PIE”
*** Couple disclaimers – I will not be shipping out ceramic berry crates that I actually used – don’t worry. And I can only ship to USA, sorry I am a girl on a budget as my Dad would say!